What is social distancing?
• Avoiding group gatherings and crowded places
• Avoiding touch or physical contact with another person
• Keeping a physical distance of at least 1.5 - 2 meters between you and another person
How to keep a social distance
• Physical distance of at least 1.5 to 2 meters among employees and between employees and the public should be kept at all times
• Handshakes and any form of physical contact/ physical closeness should be strictly avoided
• When possible, work remotely from home to avoid interaction with other employees and risk of infection
• Social distancing does not mean losing touch with colleagues and loved ones. Keep in touch by staying virtually connected!
What about office meetings?
• All meetings and gatherings should be canceled or postponed until further notice
• All face- to- face interaction and social contacts in the workplace (including meeting for lunch in the break room, etc.) should be avoided
• When physical presence is needed for few members (2 or 3 at maximum), make sure meeting room is well ventilated, and that tables and chairs are properly disinfected after each meeting
• Strictly follow social distancing guidelines above
• Handshakes and close physical contact to be strictly avoided
• Online and virtual communication platforms should be used as often as possible to decrease physical presence, among employees and with clients. Use them often, and stay virtually connected!
• Avoid touching your face
• For employees dealing with many customers, consider wearing face masks
• For employees handling money or other packages, gloves should be worn at all times and changed between transactions (discard in closed trash bin)
• Make sure to practice good hand hygiene - hand washing for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizers (minimum 60% ethanol) directly after handling or exchanging money or packages
• Hand sanitizers need to be rinsed off thoroughly and hands dried with disposable towel before wearing gloves, especially powdered gloves
• Use of communication and document sharing software should be encouraged to minimize the use of shared hard copy documents and physical contact or exchange of printed material
In collaboration with M@C – Lebanon
The above article is a compilation of information from various sources and does not reflect in any way a specific opinion or a legal, financial, community advice.